MedNavigate & Nancy Hedlund, PhD, MBA, RPh
HEOR Consultant and Speaker Nancy Hedlund, PhD, MBA, RPh founded MedNavigate to help medical device, healthcare technology and pharmaceutical companies in the pursuit of product adoption and favorable payer decisions.
Dr. Hedlund is an analytical and strategic advisor who combines thought leadership, extensive industry knowledge and experience, and advanced training in public health policy to create your evidence roadmaps demonstrating total solution value. Her value based stories and solutions are backed by real-world evidence (RWE).
As a health economic and research outcome (HEOR) consultant, Dr. Hedlund has collaborated with clinical, medical and marketing leaders across matrix organizations of all sizes to develop and execute global HEOR evidence strategies and tactics designed to further companies’ goals of rapid product adoption.
She has worked with companies such as Deloitte, Giles and Associates, Northshore University Health Systems, Hollister and several early stage pharmaceutical companies to provide leadership and analytical support, guiding key projects. Dr. Hedlund’s extensive resume also includes experience with Hospira (a Pfizer Company), Baxter Healthcare Corporation, and Amerisource Bergen, in addition to nearly 15 years of clinical experience as a registered pharmacist.
A noted speaker, Dr. Hedlund is a frequent guest lecturer at Northwestern University on the topic of Clinical Study Design and Statistical Analysis. She is also a member of the International Society of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research (ISPOR), Women in BIO, and the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association.
- Hedlund, N., et al. (2018) Drug Shortage Impacts Patient Receipt of Induction Treatment Health Serv Res DOI: 10.1111/1475-6773.13028
- Hedlund N, Trbovich P, Hoppe-Tichy T., Beer, I. Systematic Review of the Frequency and Burden of Harm of IV Preparation Errors. BMJ Open Access, July 2017.
- Hedlund N, Kayler S, O’Brien K, Sarangpur S, Beer I. Primary IV Set Consumption Across Three Branded Infusion Pumps. Journal of Infusion Nursing. 2017. 40(4): 206-214.
- Hedlund N, Risendal, B, Pauls H, et al. Dissemination of Patient Navigation Programs Across the U.S. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, July/August 2014
- Hedlund N, Esparza A, Calhoun E, Yates J. The Importance of Staff Diversity to Address Disparity. Physician Executive September 2012; 38(5); 6
- System and method for comparing and utilizing activity information and configuration information from multiple medical device management systems. U.S. Patent Number 8,666,769 granted (March 2014)
- Systems and Methods for a Graphical Interface including a Graphical Representation of Medical Data, U.S. Application Number US20130047113 A1 (Feb 2013)
Read Dr. Hedlund’s Selected Case Studies